Young Investigator Awards
Young Investigator Travel Awards
OPUS highly encourages all young investigators to participate in this Forum and have established AUD$300 Forum Travel Awards for winning participants – that’s two nights worth of accommodation in Melbourne!!
All registered students and early career researchers who wish to be considered for a limited number of Travel Awards must:
- Submit an abstract for poster presentation.
- Indicate in the abstract submission form if they wish to be considered for a Presentation prize and/or a Travel Award (if you tick either, you must present your poster on Day 1!)
- Students must upload a copy of their student ID cards to the Abstract Submission form.
- Successful applicants will be judged on the quality of their abstract and notified of an outcome by mid-March 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT TRAVEL AWARD ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED. YOU MAY STILL SUBMIT AN ABSTRACT, BUT YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE RUNNING FOR OUR TRAVEL AWARDS!
Young Investigator Presentation Prizes
- All students and early career researchers presenting a poster will be automatically considered for a $200 prize. Just imagine winning both a poster AND travel award!
- However, if you are not going to present your poster at the Forum, please do not tick the Prize and Award consideration boxes. Your poster will be marked as out of the running for both Travel Award and Poster Prize…:(
- A judging panel will be used to assess presentations for the Judge’s Prizes and a separate People’s Choice Prize will be decided by popular vote via Poll Everywhere.
- Two Judge’s Prizes will be awarded: one to a graduate student and one to an early career researcher.
- Two People’s Choice Prizes will be awarded: one to a graduate student and one to an early career researcher.
- In total, four prizes will be awarded.
- All prizes are valued at $200.
- All presenters should be ready to present a 5-minute pitch on Day 1 and Day 2.
- Please note that prize winners will be announced on the Saturday 30th March during the afternoon tea break.
Please ensure that posters displayed over the two days conform to the following guidelines:
- Title should be the same as the abstract title
- Must be no larger than A0 (841 x 1189 mm) in any orientation of your choice
- Ensure all authors, affiliations and logos are clearly displayed
- Posters will be assigned an allocated number location upon registering on the day
- Please enquire if you have further requirements to present your work (eg. table, powerpoint for laptop, wifi will be freely accessible)
Registration Open: September 2018
Abstracts Open: September 2018
Abstracts Close: 1st February 2019
Registration Close: 1st March 2019
Conference commences: 29th March 2019